1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP not detecting ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by McR00ster, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. McR00ster

McR00ster Thread Starter

Hi Techguy Forum.

A few months a go I got a PC and so I bought this ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter so I can connect to the Internet wireless. The OS for this PC is Windows 7 and the USB Network adapter works fine.

Since I am a gamer, I want to switch the Wireless over to my other PC (Windows XP) and connect the router locally.

Whenever I try to connect the USB network adapter on to my Windows XP it wont recognize it as a Network adapter.

I have tried installing the driver
    Uninstalling, rebooting the reinstalling

I notice the USB device doesn't light up when it does when I normally connect it to my Windows 7 PC.

I am using a ASUS N13 802.11n usb wireless adapter by the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Hi,
    Just a quick question, when you Installed the Drivers from the CD, did you also install the Utilities from the CD, this helps detect your Adapter and most likely adjust your adapter to Backwards compatabiliy, take a look at page 8 of your Manual, hopefully there will be something there to help you.

http://files.pugetsystems.com/1845/...02-11b-g-n-USB-Adapter-7083/E5125_USB-N13.pdf

Best of luck in solving your problem
    Ray

3. McR00ster

McR00ster Thread Starter

I just found that when I try to add hardware it comes up with.

This device cannot be started code 10

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

5. McR00ster

McR00ster Thread Starter

All of those things I have already tried. This is ridiculous, it works fine on my Windows 7 PC but it wont light up on my Windows XP.

6. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Perhaps I`m being silly here and I`ll show myself up for the blonde that I am but make sure you`re using XP drivers with the XP installation !

Jenny

7. McR00ster

McR00ster Thread Starter

Of course I am using the XP drivers :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice