1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP or 7 "starter" for a new netbook....???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BigDaveinNJ, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

I have been planning on getting a NETBOOK for awhile now and am somewhat confused by all the different options available and that's why it's taken quite a while for me to "pull the trigger" and purchase it.

Amongst other things, I am wondering which operating system would work better for me. Right now... I am using Win98se... and that's all I've ever used. I have used friends PCs and had no problems with WinXP.

Now... some of the new NETBOOKS come with Vista, some with XP and some more with Windows 7 "starter".

Which of those options do you reccomend? Things that are important to me are ease of using as well as which one uses more resources and RAM on a little NETBOOK.

Thanks in advance

~ david ~

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

W98SE looks more like XP than Vista or W7.

The Vista / W7 appearance is the wave of the future.

XP won't be supported for as long as Vista & W7 will be supported.

W7 probably needs less ram than XP; W7 needs less ram than Vista.

There are fewer new bugs w / XP than w / Vista & W7.

The "starter" version is provides minimal functions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/compare

Glad to help.
    (y)

I have no complaints regarding Vista & have encountered only 2 Vista PCs with problems. The bulk of computers I have encountered run XP.

RF123

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Vista does not run well on netbooks. Avoid models that have it installed. I'd recommend Windows 7 Starter over Windows XP.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Experiences vary.
    :)

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/882809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice