1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp outlook express script error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zercar, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zercar

zercar Thread Starter

I keep getting this error when I open up my outlook express:
    Internet Explorer Script Error
    ! An error has occured in the script on this page
    Line: 229
    Char: 1
    Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
    Code: 0
    URL: res://C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msoeres.dll/frntpage.htm
    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
    yes no

I think that I started having this problem after I started using adaware to combat spyware and maybe I accidently deleted something. I am not sure. Is there any easy fix to this problem instead of reformatting my hard drive? I tried uninstalling outlook express and reinstalling, but I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!

2. Cookies

Cookies

3. zercar

zercar Thread Starter

I have tried doing what the link says but I am still getting script errors. I have tried adaware, bazooka and xoftspy but I am still getting them. I know that reformatting my hard drive will get rid of the errors, but what happens when they come back?

4. XxMattxX

XxMattxX

Outlook express (OE) uses a frontpage that is stored in your PC. The code they're giving you is actually an html file stored in your computer. Either the PC is having problems reading the code, or JAVA is disabled in your advanced internet settings. You can try reinstalling the individual file. The frontpage for OE is the file in question. There is also a little box on the bottom of this front page that asks if you want to go directly to your inbox when OE is started... check this so it's on. For some reason, the msoeres.dll is messed up. Try reinstalling it.

5. XxMattxX

XxMattxX

You can also uninstall OE and reinstall it from the MS Office CD you got it from.

6. Cookies

Cookies

I found a regedit fix too that might help; but I'm not certain I trust the source and haven't tried it myself so I'll shaddup :)

7. condolady

condolady

Did anyone ever figure this out? I keep getting the same errors.

8. joeinfo

joeinfo

i was getting the same error and tried a suggested fix from microsoft that i found at: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;318378&spid=2578&sid=global

(you may want to try it but it didn't help me.)

what finally fixed my issue was reading XxMattxX's posting above about java settings.

i had disabled a lot of activeX, NET and other options in internet explorer. once i reverted back to the default Medium setting, however, i no longer got this error message when starting outlook express.

9. Bush Lady

Bush Lady

10. cpyou

cpyou

Hi joeinfo,
    I also reverted back to the default setting and
    it work great.
    This is my first post here and
    i thank you all for being here.
    Best regards
    cpyou

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice