1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Password + HD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ianstorm67, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ianstorm67

ianstorm67 Thread Starter

My friend's kids changed the login password on their Windows XP and he can't get in now...the kids don't remember the password they used...he came into town today with just the hard drive so I could save his pics, etc. I have his HD hooked up to my pc with a USB to IDE/SATA/ATA kit and I saved all his pics, etc. He wants to know if there is a way for me to go into the HD and delete the password so when he goes home, he can plug the HD back into his machine and be able to get back into Windows XP...I'm running Windows 7 (x64) and can see his HD in My Computer...is there a way to do this? BTW, thank you for any help!!
    peace,
    ian

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Please refer to the rules when posting. Specifically this part;
    This thread is closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060011