1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Xp performance worsened after latest updates!?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MagnumJoe, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagnumJoe

MagnumJoe Thread Starter

I installed the latest updates of Xp, and suddenly, after restarting, the performance dropped only in loading Xp. In details, the speed of loading windows is ok, until i choose my account to log on, here, it takes even more time than my old computer used to take (It takes like 3 minutes, so i can start to use the taskbar!!!), plus, not all system tray programs appear in the system tray (although they are functioning as the sound icon), and i checked in the start up msconfig section, and i found them all ticked, nothing wrong. And, they randomly not appear, even if i reconfigure each program icon to appear (and i find them already configured to appear, but i just redo it).

This might seem a trivial problem, but this is a frustration sharing, more than a problem solving, as i am sure that what caused this was a windows update dammit! This is incredibly stupid, stupid, stupid lol!

Here is the history of my updates:

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Security Update for Windows XP (KB926247)
    A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Security Update for Windows XP (KB942831)
    A security issue has been identified in Windows Internet Information Services (IIS) that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Security Update for Windows XP (KB939373)
    A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using Internet Information Services (IIS) and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Security Update for Windows XP (KB942830)
    A security issue has been identified in Internet Information Services (IIS) that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

The problem happened just after i restarted for these updates. And, i actually removed the IIS from windows components to try a "Therapeutic Test", but it didn't work: still this performance drop at loading windows.

Oh: my xp is sp2 pro edition.

2. MagnumJoe

MagnumJoe Thread Starter

No-one knows?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice