1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Powershell

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rdonovan1, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdonovan1

rdonovan1 Thread Starter

I was just wondering if anyone might happen to know how to uninstall windows powershell. I have looked in my add/remove programs with the Update feature on and I have no listing for it there. I have also checked under my windows directory for anything related to $ntuninstall. There is a $ntuninstall folder in that directory, but their is nothing in that folder.

I'm wondering about this because I recently tried to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate and it said that it couldn't install because of Powershell being on my computer and that I needed to uninstall Powershell. I'm not really sure as to what Powershell does or as to how it effects the stability of the system, but I can't find it and I'm trying to do what it says so that I can upgrade without having to do a clean install of either Vista or Windows 7.

Ideally I'd upgrade to Windows 7 but it won't let me do that without a clean install and at the moment I can't do that until I'm able to buy a larger hard drive so that I can backup information that I really need to keep on my computer. I've got over 1.5 TB of data that I need to keep, but that is spaced out among several drives and at the moment I don't have a drive that is larger than that, that I can send everything to.

That's why I'm asking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice