1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows xp pro 32 bit redraws slowly...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by adgower, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adgower

adgower Thread Starter

Okay I have just recently dual booted xp and windows 7 on the same machine, and I have been trying to scrounge up all the drivers for the xp side... and now that I have everything working well I used the update driver method in the device manager and everything was working fine, but now when I drag a window it leaves white... its slow redraw. Like when i drag and window from left to right on the desktop it will leave white... Hows do I fix this? after I installed the driver for the video card it worked find and didn't have this problem... I think... It was when I updated one of the system devices and it was named like "SM..." can't remember... but maybe I'm having another problem...

System runs fine in windows 7.

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya adgower.

Obviously in XP: Re-install the mobo drivers making sure they`re the correct and up-to-date ones for your chipset and reboot.

Now uninstall and re-install the correct GPU drivers and reboot.

Once you`re back onto the desktop, right-click and go to Properties and then the Settings tab. Set the screen res to the required size, preferably 1280 x 1024 on a standard 4:3 screen. Apply and then click the Advanced button. Under the Monitor tab, set the refresh in the Monitor Settings drop-down to 72 or 75, whichever is available. Apply and close the box.

Jenny

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice