Windows XP Pro 64 comments please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigbear

Hello
I am in the process of picking parts for my new build which will include an AMD Athlon 3700+ San Diego core.
I already have XP home and was thinking off getting XP pro 64.
I would like to know what the experts think of this OS, is it worth upgrading from home and what am I going to gain etc? Also will I still be able to use my existing software?
Thanks in advance for any comments (y)

Biggest problem I have had XP 64 is that it does not recognise any drives for Wanadoo ADSL modems (THomson and Sagem). Very difficult to overcome, if fact went back to normal XP Pro. Hope this helps

bigbear

So basicly your saying its not worth the trouble at moment, I kinda figured this as there seems to be no mention of it here in the forums.
Maybe I will wait and see what Vista has to offer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online