Windows XP Pro double click shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bushpilot

I'm running XP Pro and for the last 2 months something has changed on shutdown. I open Start , Turn Off Computer, Turn Off and perform my normal one click but other than a whirring nose in the tower and the green light coming on momentarily on the floppy drive nothing happens. I have to go back and repeat the proceedure one more time for shutdown.

This also happens when installing a program and the window appears saying that it needs to reboot to install...when I click OK nothing happens. I have to go to Start, Turn Off Computer, and click on Restart.

I have also noticed that when my browser opens and I click on the dropdown menu for the stored URLs and it won't open on the first click, it flashes momentarily but it takes the second click to view. This only happens initially from then on the menu drops down on and subsequent single clicks work. The problem seems to have started around the time I started using Firefox as my browser.

Any suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online