Windows XP Pro: Fresh Install, hangs when I click in Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TrixSlice

This is Windows XP Pro, fresh install on a fresh reformat:

Shuttle SpaceWalker SV24
Celeron 900mhz
256mem / 30hd
Lite-On 52x32x52x
Onboard video, LAN, audio...

Anyways:

Operates fine, until I open some form of explorer (either run: explorer, history in Internet Explorer, if I try and select a driver to install) the screen just clicks off to a blank economy mode, and thats it. Computer doesn't make a sound.

This happens EVERY time I try and click on a foler or file in regular Explorer (not internet explorer), it's really weird.

Yes, I've installed SP1 and ALL the updates. However I can not install the driver updates for this machine since it hangs if I try to select the files.

Yes, I tried reinstalling. I have 5 of these machines, and I've tried 2, both with exact same problem. I've also tried XP home...

Very weird problem. Any ideas? I haven't the faintest clue...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online