1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Pro: Fresh Install, hangs when I click in Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TrixSlice, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrixSlice

TrixSlice Thread Starter

This is Windows XP Pro, fresh install on a fresh reformat:

Shuttle SpaceWalker SV24
    Celeron 900mhz
    256mem / 30hd
    Lite-On 52x32x52x
    Onboard video, LAN, audio...

Anyways:

Operates fine, until I open some form of explorer (either run: explorer, history in Internet Explorer, if I try and select a driver to install) the screen just clicks off to a blank economy mode, and thats it. Computer doesn't make a sound.

This happens EVERY time I try and click on a foler or file in regular Explorer (not internet explorer), it's really weird.

Yes, I've installed SP1 and ALL the updates. However I can not install the driver updates for this machine since it hangs if I try to select the files.

Yes, I tried reinstalling. I have 5 of these machines, and I've tried 2, both with exact same problem. I've also tried XP home...

Very weird problem. Any ideas? I haven't the faintest clue...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice