Windows Xp Pro INstallation stuck on 43%...please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sec4allstar

its stuck on 43% copying the file mstscax.dll its been there for exactly 24 hours in about 45 minutes

please help..shoulld i stop and start or should i let it go

please please please help

sec4allstar said:
its stuck on 43% copying the file mstscax.dll its been there for exactly 24 hours in about 45 minutes

please help..shoulld i stop and start or should i let it go

please please please help
You should stop the install, eject your CD, and clean it... if it can't copy the file, it's probably because your disk is dirty. i installed my system in like 2 hours. So, check your cd, if it's really dirty, or there are scratches, try downloading a new version(it will be legal, cause you already have an original, right?) or go to a friend, and ask him for his CD...

If you have added new hardware you need to make sure your bios recognizes it correctly. Also make sure you have the right hardware installed for your PC. Check out the free videos where I cover all aspects of a BIOS and hardware installations. Sounds like the wrong memory.
http://videotech101.mindstrain.com/LR_video_index.html

The if you have time see the Honor Our Troops Free Video.
http://noflyzone.mindstrain.com/index.html

Hope This Helps
Sincerely Proud of Our Troops
Eddie Batista
Video Tech 101 Productions
[email protected]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online