1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP problem (or something worse?)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by workingklass0, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workingklass0

workingklass0 Thread Starter

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting.

A while back, I upgraded my father's Sony Vaio PC (model VCG-RB44G) to Windows XP Professional (from Windows Media Edition). This required me to take the computer to my place in order to work on it.

Since my father took it back to his place, he has been having off-and-on problems with the performance of his PC. Sometimes it works fine, but other times it is slow to boot up, runs slowly for a short period of time and then works fine again, and sometimes it even crashes. There is also on occasion a strange chirping noise that sounds almost musical that is intermittent (which during this time the performance of the computer grinds to a halt).

Can anyone tell me if I am looking at a Windows XP problem or is it something with the hardware?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice