Windows XP problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Plushie

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, but my PC keeps automatically restarting. I can't even get into Windows XP. I don't have the software with me and I have no way of getting it soon. Maybe three or four days until I can get it. Starting in Safe Mode doesn't work, last known configuration doesn't work either. I'm running out of options here, could someone please enlighten me?

Plushie

Many thanks. I guess I will just have to wait until I get the CD. Again, thank you.

I went through this a while back and my solution was so simple that no one thought of it. My computer was over-heating. The fan that cools the motherboard broke loose from it's containment device. I replaced it with a two dollar part (that I had to special order - grrrrr) and all has been fine ever since. Try removing the side cover of your CPU and just set a larger fan to blow inside. It's worth a try!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online