1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Plushie, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Plushie

Plushie Thread Starter

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, but my PC keeps automatically restarting. I can't even get into Windows XP. I don't have the software with me and I have no way of getting it soon. Maybe three or four days until I can get it. Starting in Safe Mode doesn't work, last known configuration doesn't work either. I'm running out of options here, could someone please enlighten me?

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

3. Plushie

Plushie Thread Starter

Many thanks. I guess I will just have to wait until I get the CD. Again, thank you.

4. wideejay

wideejay

I went through this a while back and my solution was so simple that no one thought of it. My computer was over-heating. The fan that cools the motherboard broke loose from it's containment device. I replaced it with a two dollar part (that I had to special order - grrrrr) and all has been fine ever since. Try removing the side cover of your CPU and just set a larger fan to blow inside. It's worth a try!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice