1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Problem.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Nirvana89, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvana89

Nirvana89 Thread Starter

Hi everyone I'm new here and I have a problem.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition with lastest service packs.

About a few months ago I reinstalled Windows from the recovery partition after having a virus and to get my files back I had to take ownership of my old user in "Documents and Settings" and it seemed to work good with little problems.

So a couple days ago I had to reinstall Windows from the recovery partition again and when I took ownership of my old user again I had some trouble; I can not move some files to my new "My Documents" folder, and I was able to move "My Pictures" but only some of the pictures are viewable.

So if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

I have also attached a picture of the error message.

Attached Files:

2. bubblz

bubblz Account Closed

Before addressing the specific error you're getting, a more important question is this: are you running an antivirus program and updating it regularly? It seems that you're having to restore from your recovery partition an awful lot. Restoring from the recovery partition is a last-ditch thing when you can't clean a virus....not typically something you do 'just because'. In my experience most viruses can be cleaned much easier than restoring your system.

3. Nirvana89

Nirvana89 Thread Starter

Yes, I do use Norton Antivirus, but both time this has happened I wasn't able to even boot into safe mode; so I was kind of forced to recover from the partition.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice