1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by micjack, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. micjack

micjack Thread Starter

my computer a Northgate few year old..will boot up and then crash..i get a Generic Host Process for win 32 error message..the computer will shut down reboot then give the same message..
    Any ideas out there

2. micjack

micjack Thread Starter

Oh..and have tried the go back option with no luck and does not allow to boot up in safe mode

3. surferdude2

surferdude2

Hi micjack,

First, try pressing the F8 key repeatedly when booting up to get the Advanced Boot Options screen. Then choose "Last Known Good..." from the menu.

If no joy, do it again and select the "Safe Mode" option. If you get to a Safe Mode Windows, you can possibly run "System Restore" and revert back to when the system worked properly. If you didn't have System Restore enables, you can try uninstalling any recently installed software that may be causing your problem.

4. surferdude2

surferdude2

Ouch, just saw what you posted while I was typing my post! That's not good news for sure.

Do you have the full retail XP setup CD that you can use to do a Repair Install? That would allow you to attempt a system repair while preserving your personal files.

If you only have a System RESTORE CD, it will allow restoring but will delete all of your personal files.

If you have neither of those, post back the details of your system, Make, Model service tag # whatever and perhaps something will be available to bail you out.

5. micjack

micjack Thread Starter

thank you..will dig through cds to see if i have the correct one

6. surferdude2

surferdude2

OK, also try to get the EXACT wording of the error if you want to attempt to troubleshoot it.

I'll check back occasionally.

7. micjack

micjack Thread Starter

ok..will do next time i can get computer to stay on long enough to copy

thanks

8. surferdude2

surferdude2

You can disable the "reboot on system failure" and possibly get a good look at the error message. That option is available in the F8 boot menu.

9. micjack

micjack Thread Starter

error message C:Docume~Owner\locals~1\temp\WER1a40.dir00\mini121010-01.dm
    and
    C:Docume~Owner\locals~1\temp\WER1a40.dir00\Sysdata.xml

10. micjack

micjack Thread Starter

more error message
    Bccode:50 BcP7 : FCA14000 BcP2 :00000000 BCB3 : 804F3CCB BCP4 : 00000000 OSVER: 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product :256_1

11. surferdude2

surferdude2

No help there. You're going to need to find the CD. I would recommend a full delete of the system partition and installing a clean version. You can try a "Repair" install of the existing system when it is offered during the normal install if you want but I have less faith in that. Either way, if you have valued data on the drive, you should back it up using some means like a BartPE or a Linux live boot CD for access.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice