Windows XP problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

riggers_p

Hi ..I have recently gone to XP to cure some of my problems..HA
Instead i seem to have more...
Firstly i cant get the printer to work...its an epson 640 colour stylus...epson dont have a printer driver on their web site and point you to Windows 2000 drivers...tried that and it dosnt work!!

When i come to boot up it seems to take forever to load, and the hard drive seems to be working lots of the time even when the pc is not doing anything...

could anyone help me on either of these issues??
Thanks
Peter

hmmm

I have the exact same printer and XP installs it automatically... all I had to do was turn it on and XP correctly identified it and installed the neccesarry stuff...

Are you sure it is turned on?
If it is connect via a scanner then is the scanner turned on too?
try | Control Panel > Add Hardware | and running through the wizard to see if that helps...

yea, Windows should have one,although you may have to download the program that monitor ink and other feature(epson website). As for the harddrive, do you have the indexing service on? it indexes your files so searches are faster. to check, go to start>contol panel>administative tools>services.....scroll down to indexing service & put it to disable if you don't want to use it. Don't go through turning off a bunch of these services because windows needs some of them to function correctly. For more info on services go to :http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm 1st and then go to: http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm

READ THESE VERY CAREFULLY!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online