windows xp problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wendywood37

No one answered me yet, so i will try again, I need help, My kids are driving me crazy, I turn on the kids computer and all it has is a black screen saying need to reload windows what is up with this, never had this problem before, I had the computer built so it didn't come with a windows disk, what can I do, I tried rebooting many times, and nothing, it won't go to a login screen ornothing, Please help me out...:confused:

If it says ity needs to be reloaded it problably does... talk to whomever built the PC they should have at least provided recovery disks. Not much you can do to recover without any media.

wendywood37

My personal computer came with windows xp multi media center already loaded in it, can I use my disk on thier computer, or will it even load...

wendywood37

I am not sure how I am going to do this repair without being able to get the pc even past the black screen but I am printing out the link you sent me Thanks...

I assume the monitoris is working as you stated " black screen saying need to reload windows", so you will reboot the PC using the Windows CD and perform the Repair.

Good luck.

wendywood37

my windows cd is not the same i found out, and their computer didn't come with one, so i guess I am stuck paying 199.00 for a cd, I don't know anyone with a cd...UGG...this is really bugging me, i wish i was there when this happened so I know exactly what he did to the copmuter, I know your supposed to shut down properly by going to shutdown, but I had no idea if you didn't that this could happen

I would not blame him as shutting down a PC incorrectly should not damage the system boot.

Most likely you had Windows XP Home, which you can get a Upgrade CD for about $90 on the net or on sale at some stores.

wendywood37

really? i went to staples yesterday and they wanted 199 I guess I am shopping in the wrong place, do you know of a good place on the net to order an upgrade cd...also I just found a windows 98 cd from my old computer, do you think I can use that cd....

wendywood37

I just called a friend of mine and was explaining to him about my problem and he said he has a windows 2000 disk he is going to burn for me and to download that over what used to be windows xp...will this hurt my kids computer

Windows 2000 cannot install over Windows XP so you will then have to reinstall from scratch. Then you hit the problem of needing all the device drivers and not having all the correct software from the original setup.

YOU can go onto the internet[using another computer] and look for a OEM XP DISC. a oem disc is new but doesnt come with the ,as i say glitter packing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online