Windows XP probs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sazuki Metho

yeh so i finished off my computer that i made by putting windows xp pro on it, but i think i may have got a bad version? my friend tim got it from his professor at college and it was a burned copy. everything worked out fine, but it doesnt realise that it has internet connected, it wont realise that it has ANYTHING connected. i cant get sound, and when i install things it just reboots. my sisters boyfriend claims that my version is a "debug" version. whats the difference? and am i going to have to find some cash for a new windows xp, or is there a way to fix it?

Sazuki Metho

by the way by "everything went fine" i meant that it loaded and accepted the cd key i gave it

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
We cannot help you if it is not a legitimate copy of Windows.

Sazuki Metho

it is legit, the prof gets it straight from the source. my friend already has one of these "copies" set up and registered with windows

buck52

Banned
Sazuki Metho nothing "legit" about it..."my friend tim got it from his professor at college and it was a burned copy. "

you need to get a real "legit" copy... not a "burned" one

closing this thread...

buck

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Please, post the professor's name, I'm sure Microsoft would love to talk to him. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online