1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Product Code

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hunny, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hunny

hunny Thread Starter

I have added a third computer and have just installed windows xp on it as I have on my other two.

However Microsoft will not allow me to activate the product code. I've tried many other numbers that I've recieved from various places but no matter which one I try I continue to get errors... for example: "unauthorized" "mistyped" (which it isn't) and "used too many times"

Any suggestions? or does anyone know where to get a code that will work?

Thanks everyone! :)

2. rextilleon

rextilleon

What you are attempting to do is contrary to the Microsoft licensing agreement. . A Microsoft license only allows you to install the OS on one computer---You will need to purchase another one. Maybe try Linux.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This request is also against board policy, please don't ask us to help you steal software. :(

4. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

Umm..i also believe you asked this question already, and a moderator locked the thread. You might want to stop asking before some disciplinary action is taken

5. hunny

hunny Thread Starter

sorry everyone...... this is the first time i've ever asked this type of question and didn't realize it was against policy.

my humble apologies.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice