1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Xp Professional Computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SUNNYG, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SUNNYG

SUNNYG Thread Starter

Hello--there was a bad electrical storm here in upstate new york. My power has gone off and on twice--within 30 seconds.....My computer happened to be on at that time. I shut it off after the second time.. the next day I can not get it to boot up... all the power lights are on computer and monitor and the beep codes are heard... but no operating system... can't get into the bios or safemode----is this a total melt down of the mother board...

Hope to hear from some one soon.

Sunnyg :

2. Sid9678

Sid9678

get your motherboard manual. In it should have what the beeps mean depending on how many beeps you hear. It could me something other then the motherboard etc.

3. Lance1

Lance1

Your motherboard could be locked. Unplug the computer and wait about 30 Sec. Check all you connections on the computer and Plug the power back in and try to power the computer.

4. SUNNYG

SUNNYG Thread Starter

Hi I tried that and still nothing---any other suggestions--would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Sunnyg

5. Sid9678

Sid9678

Did you get your motherboard manual and listened for how many beeps you hear?

6. Narcon

Narcon

Is it a long beep or short ones? There is usually 1 beep per boot (lol) Long beeps may indicate hardware probs. Try flashing the bios and cmos on the motherboard. Refer to you motherboard owner's manual to locate them if you are unsure.

7. SUNNYG

SUNNYG Thread Starter

Hi I found my manual--dosen't have anything about beep codes I can find....but the computer has three short beeps and then nothing....

Any ideas
    Greatly appreciated
    Sunnyg

8. SUNNYG

SUNNYG Thread Starter

Hi the computer has three short beeps.....I will give your suggestion a try...

Thanks
    Sunnyg

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice