Windows XP Professional

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

birddl

I have upgraded to windows xp and I am unable to see my network connections when I click on my computer and look at the network drives section. I am connected to the network though. Any suggestions?

Network shares will not show up until you either map them manually or they are mapped from a login script. Try the Net use staement in a DOS window.

Actually, you can install Netbeui and they will appear. Although Microsoft doesn't technically support it anymore, it is included on your XP cd at \VALUEADD\MSFT\NET\NETBEUI along with a readme file.

Del

Angel is right. I have 3 machines on a network and installed netbeui and can communicate fine. Just have to follow Angel's advise.
Del

birddl

The only problem is after I copied the files from the CD, the readme file tells me to use the install button in network connections but when I open network connections it is blank, I can't see an install button

birddl

that is the problem...when you right click on it there is nothing there....the entire box is empty, lan connections does not show up

Del

Try going to Start> Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections then Click on Network Connections.
You should see your LAN connections in there unless the operating system isn't recognizing your Ethernet adapter.
Del

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online