Windows XP Professional

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Erdizle

Hey guys,
So i recently installed winodws xp professional media center edition on my Vaio laptop (VGN-FS980 is the model ). And i got everything to work after downloading some drivers off the Sony website.
I just have a couple things i can not seem to get working.

1- The FN Hotkeys do not work (Things like the volume control)
2- When i close my laptop it does not go into hybernate mode. It just stays on and eventually goes to the screen saver.

If you guys could help me out a bit it would be appreciated

Thanks alot - Erdizle

First off for the function keys that would be a driver or setting from sony. All computers have different places for their FN keys.

2nd Go to control panel to power options and go through there to find the settings to choose what happens when your lid closes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online