1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Q0S Packet Adapter

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mrbelv, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbelv

mrbelv Thread Starter

So I have a dual processor PC that has been running XP for 2 years now on my home network without issue. Because the version of Pro Tools I had would not run on XP 64-bit, I'm just now installing the 64 bit version on this machine.

It installs and runs fine, but it doesn't get an IP address from my router. I am not able to install QoS Packet Switcher either duing the install or afterward. When I try to do so, it asks me for the driver disk for the 1394 Net Adapter. The OS says that the driver for the net card is fine, but I'm not getting any packets in or out. Does XP 64-bit need the Q0S Packet Adapter? Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice