1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP reboots on internet download??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mark20, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark20

Mark20 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Wonder if you can help me with this little problem.

Windows XP home had the blaster virus on the machine, removed it using the relevant tools, patches etc. Updated virus checker to the latest DATS (PC-Cillin 2002), Updated windows xp using the microsoft site. Enabled XP Firewall.

Right here is where the problem begins using broadband 512KB I can get on the internet no problem surf all day and everything is fine but as soon as I click on a file to download E.G Zip file etc my PC switches off and shuts down.

I thought it may have a problem with the modem working on the USB but it doesnt seem to be that.

Can anyone HELP ME???

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. mobo

mobo

3. Mark20

Mark20 Thread Starter

Sorry about the hijack log as I dont think it affects this type of problem. I have done a fresh install using the system recovery ( the machine was bought from PC world "ADVENT") Everything loads on perfectly installed new virus checker and enabled firewall etc yet the problem i described still appears to be happening. I know under windows xp you can uncheck an item that stops the system from rebooting after a serious error.

What do you think is the best option? Should I uninstall Internet explorer 6?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Mark

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice