Windows XP recognizing my DVD/CD RW drive as a CD drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

2talll

Easy DVD Copier screwed up my drivers, but Creator 6 messed up my drive! When I go into my computer the drive is listed as a CD Drive instead of a DVD/CD RW (or whatever the exact name is). Other programs recongize the drive as the DVD burner (InterDVD, etc) but nothing from Windows. This gives me a big problem trying to copy the files- when I try to drag files to the drive to burn them- it says there is a problem and the files can not be moved. Help! What do I do?

Should I just remove Roxio? If so, what can I use to burn my files to a DVD? Roxio is what came with the computer. Should Windows be able to burn a DVD like it can burn a CD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online