windows XP recovery erronous part load

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

steve70

I am new to a first line computer tech post and mistakenly updated a windows ME installation with Windows XP! I erroneously placed an XP home recovery CD into machine and in efect part loaded this. I now get a choice of boot OS on start-up. How can I remove all signs of XP home from the machine and return to clean and normal Windows ME.

If u have installed win xp the it will on your Hard drive can u boot up to win xp?

Basically u have a dual boot system now, so u will need to delete the win xp folder. unless u have done an upgarde which is not the case. U can edit the the boot.ini file to get rid of the dual boot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online