1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Xp Remote Desktop Connection

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by highspeed, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. highspeed

highspeed Thread Starter

I need help from you guys..
    I have a Pentium 4 hp desktop computer running win xp pro with service pack 2. I can use remote desktop to connect from this pentium 4 pc but cannot connect from pentium 3 running windows xp pro service pack 1 to the pentium 4 pc.
    What might be the cause of this?
    I have selected remote desktop and remote assistance under exception tab in windows firewall on the pentium 4 hp computer running the service pack 2..

How can I get to connect from the pentium 3 with service pack 1 to the pentium 4 with service pack 2?
    Also i have a question here..
    If in case I have a computer at home with no internet connection but the one at work ah internet connection. And you know since the one at home has no internet connection, how can i connect through remote desktop to the one at work?
    Give me detailed process please..

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Both computers need to be connected to each other through some type of networked connection in order for Remote Desktop to work.

3. bogyi

bogyi

RDP from home to your work, you definitely need internet.
    if not, there is no way to conn.

best.

4. highspeed

highspeed Thread Starter

Ok, thank you..
    And why is it that I cannot connect from the pentium 3 computer to the pentium 4 computer through RDC?
    Also if it possible for someone to create a RDC from one computer in Country A to another computer in country B?
    Example: Can a computer in China be able to make a RDC to a computer in japan through IP or something?

5. bogyi

bogyi

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice