1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Remote Desktop with a proxy server?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mrbrownstone, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrbrownstone

mrbrownstone Thread Starter

On my school network, the Windows XP Remote Desktop Client is available but all internet connections must go through the network proxy server (which only allows port 80). The problem is not the port 80 restriction (the pc that I want to connect to is running remote desktop on port 80) but getting the client to use the proxy. Is there anything I can do that will allow me to use to proxy (i have access to the registry if that helps)?

Thanks
    mrbrownstone

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Did you trying puttting a colon and the port number at the end of the address.

192.168.0.1:80

3. mrbrownstone

I know how to select the port number but not how to set it to use the proxy.

4. mrbrownstone

Does nobody know? I have access to the registry if that will allow me to make it use the proxy.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

6. Tabletter

Tabletter

There is a way to force the remote desktop to go through a proxy, check it out here

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice