1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Restarts Unexpectedly When Booting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TraumaUnit1914, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraumaUnit1914

TraumaUnit1914 Thread Starter

Im a freelance graphic designer. (not that its important, but it explains the events leading up to my problem) Last night while working in Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0. My computer froze and then proceeded to restart itself. This happend shortly after inserting a USB flash drive to retireve a image that I needed. Anyway, after the restart, the CPU displayed options such as start Windows in Safe Mode, Start Windows Normally, Last Known Good Configeration, etc... If any of the options were selected the process restarts again and again. Not even the Safe Mode Options or pressing F8 to access the advanced options would work. The farthest along I could get was the Windows XP Professionl logo with the loading bar below and then it restarts all over again. *Sigh*

I have been having other issues with my system as of late, such as audio lag when i play music (in itunes) or play video files. Now, I fear that the problem is to a point where I wont be able to save my design work, media, images, etc...Anyone out there have any advice???

2. fang508

fang508

I had something similar to this happen to one of my XP Installations b4.I had to Reinstall the OS to fix it, also if your harddrive is "on it's last leg" that could be part of or the entire problem, another would be your PSU, could even be your ram.Can you list your specs?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice