1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP runs slow...if it runs at all!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cassienpoole, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cassienpoole

cassienpoole Thread Starter

Dell Dimension E510 running Windows XP (service pack 3).

I bought this desktop computer about a week ago off of Craigslist. I was running late that day so I didnt get to ask much more than I already stated. When I used it the first week it was slow but tolerable. As the days passed the speed slowed even more to programs not even responding. I also would like to erase all the user information and settings so I can start new with a decent working PC. My knowledge in computer software and program procedures etc. Just let me know if you need more specific information.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you bought that Dell Dimension E510 desktop from Craig's List and it still contains all the programs and "debris" and issues from its previous owner, you need to do a clean reinstall of Windows XP SP3 and get a fresh start with it.

What's the 7-character "service tag" number on one of the stickers?

What's the complete version of Windows XP that's on the Microsoft Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker that has the product key?

Were you given any discs with that desktop?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice