1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp scrolling is DRAGGING

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by karelin2000, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karelin2000

karelin2000 Thread Starter

I just got a used computer, and before I used it, reinstalled windows xp.

anyway, with ANY application I use, it lags behind, particularly when I scroll up or down in a program.

It's as if I'm dragging it, and it pauses for a couple of seconds, then finally does where I want it. this is very time consuming.

it's a dell latitude laptop with docking station. it does this without the docking station too.

the only thing I can think of, is when I reformatted it, I accidentally closed the laptop, which shut it down. it then resumed the xp installation.

do you think this did it? what is the cause and how do I fix? thanks

(2.5 gig pentium, 1 gig ram, dell lattitude laptop)

2. rude

rude

Sounds like a driver problem.Check the Device Manager for any yellow triangles with a ! in them.
    Come back and let me know what you find.

3. karelin2000

karelin2000 Thread Starter

you're right it works thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice