1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Service Pack2?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LilaM, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LilaM

LilaM Thread Starter

Ever since I installed Service Pack 2 I can't get Windows Update or even get support from Microsoft online. Plus, lots of games don't work. I tried turning off the firewall but that doesn't change anything. Help please!

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

I really believe that SP2 it not yet finished properly,there are so many posts appearing in these forums about problems people are having with it (not everyone I hasten to add) its all to do with how you install it and how your computer is configured.....in my opinion it would be best to uninstall it and wait awhile till its sorted .....your computer should hopefully go back to being OK when you uninstall .......

3. LilaM

LilaM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Do you know how to uninstall Windows Service Pack 2?

4. telecom69

Yes just click on Start/Settings/Control Panel/ then Add/Remove you will find it in there,it will probably be near the bottom so you might have to scroll down to find it just click on it then on remove, let me know how you go on ......

Your computer should be back where it was before you installed SP2

5. LilaM

LilaM Thread Starter

Thanks, I did that.

6. telecom69

So are things OK now?

7. SeaChelle

SeaChelle

when I did this my PC crashed and would turn on but I could not get into my desktop, it would turn on, power save, shut down and keep doing this! Somehow I got in but thought oh great there goes my mp3's...programs ect...well weird erough ALL programs remained just uninstalled, all music was there, but pc was "restored" to the way it was when I got it settings wise...but am now finding problems everywhere especially NORTON!
    I use XP and in C/documents settings/SeaChelle
    I could not access, I am not authorized?! all accounts are that way ...ugh!

8. telecom69

Are you saying you uninstalled SP2 via add/remove programs?

9. zmaster

zmaster

try logging in as administrator and then give "seashell" admin rights. Are you saying these problems occurred after uninstalling sp2?

10. SeaChelle

SeaChelle

Yeah that is what I did :(

11. SeaChelle

SeaChelle

Oh gosh I have done that and when I crashed and finally came back to life thats how it ended up, after SP2

12. zmaster

zmaster

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/277099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice