windows xp skin misssing!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onion_fusion

I only discovered this recentley, because I have been using WindowsBlinds.
My windows XP default(grey,olive and silver) has has apparentely been deleted.
I myself, NEVER stuff around in thw WINDOWS folder, so I strongly doubt that it was me.
When I hover Over an icon, when that that little white box comes up displaying the details of
that that shortcut/program etc, there is just a black, empty box instead.( see blackbox acttachment )

I discovered this when I vjanged back to windows xp default skin, every thing was black and blank, the taskbar, the toolbars, the windows, the background, EVERYTHING, except the icons.
It was a nightmare navigiating through my hdd to the windowsblinds.exe in program files folder!
I am 80% sure that there are *.sstyles/*.msstyles or some attachments like that in the WINDOWS folder. I am going to a LAN 'party' tomorrow, I could just copy those windows skin files form their PCs right?
Would that work?
Or do I have to reinstall features from the windows xp disc?
Thanks in advance!

(PS. I have WindowsXP Home Edition)

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online