1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows xp slow, and add/remove programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cookie1086, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookie1086

Cookie1086 Thread Starter

How speed up my desktop, and know that I have not deleted the wrong programs need for my computer?

Also my add/remove programs isn't showing it it just says " please wait while the list is being populated"....

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You can try adding more ram if its feasable to do so. or use the disk clean up and defrag feature on xp. or you can remove things in your documents like pix, music, etc and put them on cds or dvds for safekeeping in the event of a computer malfunction so they wont be lost forever. that should help speed things up.when you go into the add/remove programs see whats in there that you use and know what it is. if its not something you dont know what it is leave it alone as it doesnt do any harm to stay there.if its something you dont use and you dont want it and know what it does than you can safely remove it.

3. Cookie1086

Cookie1086 Thread Starter

Ok I'll try, it's just so slow, I've been trying to get something done on it for 4-5 hrs and no progress

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice