1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP sound driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HyungJun, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HyungJun

HyungJun Thread Starter

My sound driver one day all of a sudden got deleted or something happened to it. I now cannot play DVD's on my computer and no pictures or audio will play.:( :( I rang the computer store,and they said to re-download the sound driver. I was wondering what sound driver i need to download for this...

Windows Audio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Identifier Device Description
    midi-out.0 0001 0066 Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
    mixer.0 FFFF FFFF SoundMAX HD Audio O
    mixer.1 FFFF FFFF SoundMAX HD Audio I
    wave-in.0 FFFF FFFF SoundMAX HD Audio I
    wave-out.0 FFFF FFFF SoundMAX HD Audio O

PCI / PnP Audio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Description Type
    VIA VT8237A/8251 High Definition Audio Controller PCI

Thanks for all the help :)

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

VIA VT8237A/8251 High Definition Audio Controller PCI means that viarena.com should have what you need for drivers.

3. cmw2010

cmw2010

Do you have a name brand computer or locally built? If name brand I would go to the manufacturers site to download the proper drivers. If locally built and it is onboard I would go to the motherboard manufacturers site to download the drivers.

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

"My sound driver one day all of a sudden got deleted or something happened to it."

if pics and audio don't play it's something more than just the sound driver and unless you can fill in more of the blanks it's hard to come up with a fix.

power outage, added music/video editing software/any other software/sound card/hardware changes, was it working, has it ever worked?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/549942