1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP SP1 Delayed Write Failed Error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by converge81, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. converge81

converge81 Thread Starter

I was getting delayed write errors every time I started Windows Pro XP1. I have visited many online resources to recitfy this issue. Anyway, I had shut off write caching to the HD and modified the system registry...etc....with no success. I started to take out the CD-R drive from the computer so that I could make a boot CD and try a system recovery when I found another CD lodged in between the CD-ROM casing and the computer casing itself. I removed this CD and put the computer back together. Now when I boot up I am no longer getting any delayed write failures. I have seen that device drivers and USB can cause this as well as hard drive errors and incompatibility issues, but does anyone know if this CD could have actually caused this error?? I am beside myself trying to figure out how it could have possibly caused this....Any ideas???

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. converge81

converge81 Thread Starter

As i said everything is working properly now. Every solution I have found has stated that this usually isn't caused by a bad drive. I have done extensive HD testing as well as run memtest with no errors. The CD lodged in between the drive and the case seems to be what fixed this problem, unless one of the connectors was loose to begin with. This just doesn't make sense. I guess I should just be happy that it seems to work now..

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Keep an eye on it and be prepared. Always back everything up, of course.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice