Windows Xp sp2 hang

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pravin1763

hi friends

I am using windows xp sp2 since last 8 months but suddenly I got problems with that.
my pc hang after load windows.

it works in safemode but when i try to run in normal mode, it hang up after desktop screen and icons appear.

I try to restore it but still problem remain same.

thanks
please help!!!
:confused:

It's a pity you can't install SP3 in Safe Mode or you may have been able to put this right. SP3 gives you entitlement to some time in 2014 for the latest malware security patches to the M$ holey software and that monthly MSRT might have prevented what you have now.

When the system hangs, can you use Control, Shift and Escape to bring up the Task Manager?

pravin1763

is there any other solution??

no any response with """ctrl+shift+escape""". i tried also """ctrl+alt+del""".

thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You list your computer experience as "Advanced".

Do you know how to submit a HiJackThis log here?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Could someone tell a totally unqualified person whether, if HJT is run in Safe Mode - which is all the OP can see at the moment - can it actually provide any useful information?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Since he says it's not hanging in safe mode, but it's hanging in normal mode, the log might give some insight as to what's wrong.

It's not going to hurt anything to submit one - if he can get it to install and scan and display a log.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online