1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Start up problem.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jaking007, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jaking007

jaking007 Thread Starter

Hi guys, im having trouble starting up my windows XP MCE lately, im not sure whats the problem. But when i ever i start up, the computer would freeze when it reach the Black screen with windows xp and a loading bar. Then i push the button to turn it off, and try again, and ill give me the option to start normally, safe mode etc, and non of it would work, even safe mode. I finally got it to boot up again, so any solutio to the problem? Ive scan my computer multiple times with AVG, and ad_Aware. but nothing seen to be coming up. And now im scared to turn off my Acer notebook. any solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance =D

2. into9rod

into9rod

do a backup and reinstall windows

3. techychick

techychick

Have you tried a system restore to when you didn't have this issue?

4. jaking007

jaking007 Thread Starter

Yes ive tried System Restore, buyt that didnt help at all. And ill probably be reinstalling windows tomorow, if there is no solution to this, ciz its 2am here and all the computer stores are close =P. im on an Acer Aspire sireies, ive made a system recovery disk, and im not sure how i would use it. Ive tried putting it in when i restart the computer, but it doesnt gave me an option to format the computer. Anyone know whats going on? Maybe i need to hit something?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice