1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP startup blue screen of death - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by the182guy, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the182guy

the182guy Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have a laptop that is dual booting Windows XP Home and Vista. When I boot to XP it gets as far as starting to show the desktop but then produces a blue screen of death with the error:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I can boot to Vista and use the machine with no problems. I can also boot to XP Safe Mode with no problems. I have not added any new hardware recently.

I have ran chkdsk on the drive that XP boots from, I have also gone into XP safe mode and selected a diagnostic startup so that only basic services are loaded, but I still get the blue screen error.

Laptop specs:
    Centrino Duo 1.8GHZ
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    512MB nVidia Geforce Go 7900 GS
    2 x 120GB HD

Any help is much appreciated on this!

2. luisalvesnyde

luisalvesnyde

try removing or changing memory to see what happens...sounds familiar on Win XP...

good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/820540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice