Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows XP Startup Delay after Login

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  svengal1 
#1 ·
This just happened recently..

I was booting up, and everything was fine
Typed in my password to get into XP, then when i entered my password , It hung at the Loading Personal settings...
then for like 15 - 25 seconds it will bring up the desktop
But only just the Wallpaper.. No Icons, Taskbar, Systray...
I tried so much stuff... Except when i used Boot Vis Tool
I did the driver delay boot up check thing.. and a Long bar suggested my Video Card was taking some time to load.. I really don't understand, since I've used the same drivers for the longest time..

Well any help would be greatly appreciated

System Specs:
Athlon 2800+ (barton Core)
768 megs DDR
Windows xp SP1a
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440
160 gb Western Digi HD
120 gb Maxtor HD
Gigabyte KT600 Motherboard

Thanks,
Dj E-Mo

:cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
I just resolved the issue of once I got to my wallpaper my computer would have a 1-2 minute delay before I could interact with anything on the desktop. I hope that this helps you. I am running broadband (dsl) and what I had to do was enter an IP address into the local area connection.

Click start / control panel / Network and Internet Connections / Network Connections (look in the left pane under details and copy down the subnet mask and IP address) / right click the Local Area Connection / select Properties / Highlight by clicking on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) (do not uncheck the box) / click properties. Click the radio button for the option "use the following IP address" Now enter the IP address and the subnet mask that you copied earlier. (Although any IP address and subnet mask will work) Click Ok to close that window / click OK to close the next window and then reboot.

I hope that this solves all of your issues but I think that it will only solve the delay after the desktop appears.

Please post back and let me know if it helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.