1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP Startup Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Janaid, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Janaid

Janaid Thread Starter

Hi People

I have recently installed windows on my computer which was fine. After some use the computer freezes and goes blank, this is normally an hour or so after I have been using it. I then have to manually restart the computer and it freezes just after the BIOS information comes up but just before the XP loading screens comes up. In BIOS I change some of the settings and it works again but then the same thing happens again. Now I cant even load from the hard drive because some of the windows files are corrupted.

Could someone please help! :confused:

Cheers

2. unbidden

unbidden

Reset the BIOS to the 'default' setting (not optimal). Run a Repair Installation of XP - reset bios to optimal and or your custom settings.

3. Janaid

Janaid Thread Starter

Hi Tried that but didnt work. I know i have to install XP, think there mite be a Hardware issue but cant pin it down.

4. unbidden

unbidden

If the pc is a desktop machine - remove all peripheral devices and cards except graphics and one stick of ram; then try the install.
    If a note book remove any peripherals.

5. Janaid

Janaid Thread Starter

Hi

Just tried taking all periphals out but didnt work, also tried a different hard drive but that also didnt work

6. golferbob

golferbob

why don't you post a hijack log.

7. unbidden

unbidden

I assume a clean install on that 'different' hard drive. This sounds like an over heating issue or bad power supply.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice