windows xp system 32 hal.dll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluebunny15

When I turn my pc on, I see a black screen that tells methat windows cannot start because the file <windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt. I went into Bios and changedthe boot order so the CD is first on the list. However, when I insert myrecovery disc, I get the option of pressing R for recovery. But when I do that,the Compaq logo comes on for a few seconds, but then I get a blue screen that aproblem with windows has been detected. It Says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Itnever gets to recovery.

Please help!!!!!!!

Oh man! I had this trouble a lot of times and never could figure it out what was the problem. It seems your system got corrupted due to a sudden shutdown or a problem with your HDD. I am afraid you should format, and reinstall windows.

First off, If you want to recover all your important files from your disk you should I use recovery software. I recommend you Active Undelete. It has a trial time, good enough to backup your data.
You shall have to remove the hard disk to your computer and if possible install it on a computer that works. In this way you can access the hard drive with the recovery software.

If you want to skip all that. Well as you did, insert your recovery disk and instead of reparing it perform a fresh installation.

This link will guide you through the installation of Windows XP:http://www.buildeasypc.com/sw/windows_xp.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online