1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows xp system 32 hal.dll

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bluebunny15, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bluebunny15

bluebunny15 Thread Starter

When I turn my pc on, I see a black screen that tells methat windows cannot start because the file <windowsroot>\system32\hal.dll. is missing or corrupt. I went into Bios and changedthe boot order so the CD is first on the list. However, when I insert myrecovery disc, I get the option of pressing R for recovery. But when I do that,the Compaq logo comes on for a few seconds, but then I get a blue screen that aproblem with windows has been detected. It Says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Itnever gets to recovery.

Please help!!!!!!!

2. nikomaster

nikomaster

Oh man! I had this trouble a lot of times and never could figure it out what was the problem. It seems your system got corrupted due to a sudden shutdown or a problem with your HDD. I am afraid you should format, and reinstall windows.

3. bluebunny15

can you please give me the step by step instructions for that? thanks!

4. nikomaster

nikomaster

First off, If you want to recover all your important files from your disk you should I use recovery software. I recommend you Active Undelete. It has a trial time, good enough to backup your data.
    You shall have to remove the hard disk to your computer and if possible install it on a computer that works. In this way you can access the hard drive with the recovery software.

If you want to skip all that. Well as you did, insert your recovery disk and instead of reparing it perform a fresh installation.

This link will guide you through the installation of Windows XP:http://www.buildeasypc.com/sw/windows_xp.htm

5. nikomaster

nikomaster

6. nikomaster

nikomaster

I just hope Step5 is not the problem there.

7. bluebunny15

I am trying it right now, hope it works!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice