1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows xp system change

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by haves-46, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. haves-46

haves-46 Thread Starter

I got a windows vista computer and it came with an upgrade dvd. So i upgraded my windows xp to vista thinking I could change it back when I needed to use xp but I can`t . I went into the recovery console and it gave me 3 choices that I dont understand. I can now only use the vista version on both computers. How can I get Xp back?

2. Goku

Goku

Probably, this answers your question:

Original Article

From this, I would recommend you to back up your data first and start afresh. This is the only solution I can think of getting back XP. Let's see what others have to say. :)

3. The Hound

The Hound

Welcome to TSG...Here's the word from Microsoft, but you're probably not going to like it...

4. Goku

Goku

Unfortunate for haves but worth a read Hound. Thanks for that. Can you please post the link too so that I can bookmark it? :)

5. The Hound

The Hound

6. haves-46

haves-46 Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for the help all.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/612110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice