windows xp system error messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joesticks

Last week I reformatted my hard drive, as I have done a few times in the past. Nothing went wrong, and everything is working great like it should except ever since I reformatted I've been getting windows systems error messages. The amount of times I get them vary. I may get a few in a few hour span, or 10 in 10 minutes. I don't have one to copy and paste word for word, but they all relay the message that Windows has system errors that need to be fixed. It will tell me windows has detected a certain amount of errors that need to be fixed soon or my system will crash. These messages started happening right after the computer was done reformatting, so it's hard for me to believe it could be spyware... like I said, nothing has been effected that I know of, and everything works fine... I just want to know why these windows system error messages keep coming and if there is any easy solution. thanks.

Well if the time varies it may well be a virus anyway. What browser do you use for Internet access ( Firefox or Internet Explorer ) ? Also have you run any anti-virus scans to see if they found anything? If not, I suggest downloading Ewido through the link below and running a full system scan. Also download the HijackThis program and post a log here so we can determine if something that shouldn't be running is. Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online