Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows XP Theme song problems

916 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ItsPeet 
#1 ·
I have windows XP Pro SP2. When my computer starts the XP start theme is broken up into sometimes 1 or 2 places. My computer came this way but dell wont help me unless I pay for the software support. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
go to start>control panel>sounds & audio devices>sounds TAB ..then in the lower winodw scroll down to start windows .. highlight the sound then a play button will appear . click it and see what happens .. then if the tune plays ok make sure at the top of this window the SOUND SCHEME: is set at windows default . click ok out to the desktop restart your machine .. let us know
cheers

#4 ·
So the WAV file does not play smoothly when played manually through the Sound and Audio Devices Control Panel applet? How do other WAV files sound? What about CDs and MP3s? Do they play correctly?

How much RAM (memory) is installed on this computer? When you look at Task Manager on the Performance tab, how much Physical memory is listed as available?

#5 ·
do you have a sound card ( PCI SLOT ) or are you using the intergrated sound card on the motherboard ... have you updated windows .
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
if you have a PCI sound card that you have installed , do you have the latest drivers for the card .. also as double helix said ..do mp3's -cd's play normally ?
cheers

#6 ·
I have seen this several times, mostly due to too many programs that boot up when Windows starts. A heavily set-up virusscanner or even instant messengers can be the problem. If you've shut down every booting program and it still persists, I suggest you should try scanning your PC for viruses and adware. (see the links of Timothye's post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.