Windows XP two days in Recovery - Can this be right?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KitB

Please HELP, I'm in a panic sitution. Yesterday afternoon my computer suddendly started switching on and of and doing this on a regular basis. I swithced the PC off a few times but when it started on each occassion it was still doing the on off antics. I found my recovery disk and put it in my PC I was then confronted with 3 options: 1) press R' for recovery 2) press F to format drive with new windows and 3) press Q' to quit.
I pressed R' yesterday afternoon; the screen gave me the impression that it was going into recovery and has left me with a greyish screen. The PC has been left on since yesterday afternoon and is, as I type, still showing a greyish screen. My question is: is recovery norrrmally a long exercise? If yes; how long will it take? Or am I wasted my time looking at this greyish screen?
Any constructive help at this urgent time would be very much appreciated.
Yous with thanks
KitB

You're wasting your time looking at the gray screen.

I suggest you remove the hard disk from the computer, connect it to another computer, back up your user data, put it back into its original computer and do a full format and resinstallation of Windows.

It might also pay to visit www.badcaps.com.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online