1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tdog1o1, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tdog1o1

tdog1o1 Thread Starter

Hello i have a computer it is a Dell Optiplex GX270 Windows XP Pentium 4. And i have a problem with it. Every time i turn on the computer it goes to this Blue screen and says

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLOUME

Then it says, Technical Info:
    ***Stop 0x000000ED (0x833CD900,0xC000007F,0x00000000x00000000)

I am preety sure that's all corect maybe there might be missing a 0 somewhere?

Anyways i don't know how to fix or what this means can someone please help me:confused:

2. Claymore

Claymore

This Microsoft's troubleshooter. You'll more than likely be looking at the file system repair. It's important that you let chkdsk run to the end. It can take quite a long time, but don't interrupt it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

3. tdog1o1

tdog1o1 Thread Starter

Ok im going to try and do what you said thanks for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/804327