1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP video/graphic driver issue!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tripsul, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tripsul

tripsul Thread Starter

Hi

I have Gateway m 6823 notebook, which came with WIndows Vista. I have downgraded from Vista to XP, and was very surprised that there were absolutely no drivers for XP on gateway website for this model. I have searched intel and other sites and found XP drivers that work fine on my notebook now. I got wireless card working, sound, touchpad, the motherboard chipset driver and etc.

Now i have also downloaded Intel Video Driver Version: 7.14.10.1283. Which is actually works on this machine. I can now choose from many different resolution in display settings, and the stand by option available, and picture itself is clear. But there is a huge problem. The screen is too dark. What is the issue?

It is not a hardware problem, monitor is ok. Once I uninstall the driver it is bright as usual. Adjusting the brightness with FN combination has no affect. I tried also installing older versions of this driver but same issue. It is still dark. The only way to adjust brightness is in driver utility itself, but that is not doing what it supposed to do.

Please help. I need you help.

Thanks you guys.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You have probably done all that can be done. If you can't find the correct driver, or the one you have is not adjustable, then you may have to deal with a dark screen, or remove it and deal with the reduced resolution. If Gateway had no drivers, it is because this model was never sold with XP and there was no need. No one is making many new drivers for an operating system that is almost 10-years-old and been replaced by 2 generations of new operating systems.

It is surprising when XP even supports some new hardware since its kernel was designed before this new hardware even existed.

3. tripsul

tripsul Thread Starter

well the driver itself from intel site is pretty new. I believe just few months old. I found on this forum where guys solved similar problem with adjusting red blue yellow settings. Not sure if i got those setting, but will try that once i get home.

4. tripsul

tripsul Thread Starter

Could not find anywhere in settings where red/blue/yellow settings can be adjusted.
    Still got a dark screen :( Anysuggestions guys?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/897002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice