1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP will not load

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thewanderer9, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewanderer9

thewanderer9 Thread Starter

I'm trying to fix my friend Emachine that he got about a year ago, it has a 80 gig hard drive, 512 ram. When I took a look at it I tried to boot it up and it started to load windows xp and then just stopped and started over again and kept reapting this process untill I shut down the computer. I continued to us fdisk and format at the dos promt to format the disk and then tried to load windows xp over again. It got almost all the way done then it went to this big blue screen saying the windows couldnt be loaded and that I shuld check if there is any new hardware..ect, and there is nothing new in the computer. I than figured I would try killdisk and a few other methods to totally clean the hard drive thinking there could be a virus deep in the MBR and not matter what I do I keep getting the same message over and over. I may be over looking something or could be just having a blond moment as it were but I have been working on this for the last three days and I am running out of idea's. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. n7Epsilon

n7Epsilon

Hi,
    It would be helpful to state the exact STOP error you receive (in the Blue Screen Of Death) as it would help in diagnosing the problem with the PC...

No it can't be a virus deep in the MBR, using KillDisk could help but I seriously doubt it....

--> After you KillDisk the hard drive, try to re-install Windows XP and if you get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) again, please write down the exact error message and post it here...

3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Be sure you have no external pheripheals attached other than Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse . . and be sure those are not USB or wireless . . You may have to remove any internal PCI cards also.

wrs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice