1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows XP & Windows 2000 Password Locations

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by addyca2005, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. addyca2005

addyca2005 Thread Starter

:confused: Not sure if this is question is allowed on this web site or not, but I will ask & see what response I get. I don't want to get kicked off here, so please, if it is against the Tech Guy rules, please just let me know & I will withdraw my inquiry.

I just got a new computer & on my old pc I want to find my password files that Windows saves for me. I have no idea where they might be stored. I am running Windows XP.

So, can anyone tell me where I might find where windows stores them on my pc, so I can find the file & print out all my saved passwords before I change over??? :rolleyes:

Thanks ---

2. FLCL

FLCL

Passwords for what exactly? I do not know if you mean from saved website log ins, or user accounts. And depending on which you meant, I am unsure about the rules on it.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I think this is a restricted area since we do not know the actual owner of the computer. The rules about helping with passwords actually is to NOT help. The passwords really should be written down and stored in a safe place.

4. FLCL

FLCL

Alrighty then, I suppose this should be locked/ignored?

5. jmwills

jmwills

Passwords for user accounts are encrypted.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please see the TSG Rules, we no longer provide any help with lost passwords or getting around password protection. Obviously, we can't determine the real intent here, so our policy is to abstain from any assistance in these matters.

Closed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/656727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice